Momentum Of The Stationary Obstruction.
I started the morning with coffee, perhaps too early, but is it ever too early to start the weekend? French Press and whatever I needed to buy for my mixing and matching last week. There were no entitled super-market territorialists with personal space issues in the coffee section. Around here people like that never buy their coffee and never make it themselves. They stand in line and pay to have someone do it for them.
Waxed one of my Barbours after that. The big one so I worked up quite a sweat. Nonsense going to the gymnasia and succumbing to other people's odors when my own are quite enough to dealing with. Got my arms in anyway.
Steamy shower, Lush soap, them Emerald Green Aime Leon Dore under vintage J Crew Navy Cardigan. Vintage Ralph Lauren chinos of my usual variety and boots. The smallest Barbour over this since the large one is drying over one of the chairs.
Thrift Store. Not entirely disappointing. Some lovely two-wick candles, but I had nothing to carry them in. Vintage J Crew Sport (1996) crewneck suspiciously in the same emerald green I am wearing. Stifle and shudder, and avoid spending ten dollars on something I already own.
Walk back to mine peppered with people who prefer the sidewalk to be left to them and them alone and their dog. A peculiar man with odd hips, large headphones and a propensity to run in fits and spurts. The good part about living in the undesirable part of the most desirable neighborhood is that nonsense like that rarely trails you for long.
Back at mine the same man that was leaving while I was earlier was coming back. He mentioned this. I hopefully didn’t seem as suspicious as I was. I asked him if he liked Lala. What he asked? The Greek place you said you were going to try, I reminded him of his earlier forgetful impertinence. Oh, he said he went to get Pho instead, and the some donuts, he added. I didn’t ask him if he went to Tran Bros. since I assume he must have and didn’t want to give the impression I cared.
Positively spun by the number of people in my building who feel the fresh need to start irrelevant conversation, but fresh out of essentials, nonetheless, so back up to Broadway and the QFC where I discover that I did well to stock up and strategize with the mixing and matching last week because this week child there is scarcely a bargain to be had in the shop. I did snatch a discounted pie from the bargain bakery bin. Swooned at the security guards on my way out, or at least as much as someone like me swoons at someone with arms that could crush me.
I tried reading a little more of the Prince Harry bio when I got back to mine and only made it a couple of brief chapters of self-obsessed posh-boy meanderings before it was time for my second bath. Bubbles, Dsquared2 bath and shower gel, regenerative serum and Erno Lazlo Night Mask I obviously remove before my tea, Prince of Wales.
End of the month so I furiously check out as many movies from the library as possible before my total allowable is reset at midnight. Sunday morning now and I have 6 well 4 and a half movies to watch before work tomorrow morning.
That.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home