What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

From That Point On.


I'm in the middle of Idaho. People at work were giving me some grief about my trip, but I just brushed it off as jealously. My summer trips to Idaho are becoming something of a tradition. Usually in August, and lasting for at least a week they usually give me enough time to take in someof the breathtaking beauty of this much maligned state. This trip began with a run for the border. Here you can see the road going down into Jackson, Wyoming about an hour and a half from home.

Once there we took a boat ride on Jackson Lake which was a lot more fun than I thought it was going to be. Naturally afraid of the water I put on my life jacket as soon as I got on board. Since I was the only one over the age of 12 to do so I looked a little out of place. This here is Dollar Island. One of the smaller islands on Jackson Lake it immediately got my attention.

This canyon runs through the Grand Tetons. There is a hiking trail that goes from the Wyoming side to the Idaho side.


Sunset behind the Grand Tetons we really spectacular. Sometime's it's hard to get a good spot with all the shutterbugs.


The following morning and the clouds came in. I hurried to snap a picture of Mount Moran thinking the clouds would lift at any moment during brunch. They didn't. They were a chilly harbinger of weather to come. I didn't have time to do any shopping as we had to rush back to Idaho to meet up with the other half of the family. More on that later...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home