Forever Reading The Public Mood.
On Friday, homie on my right thought he would punctuate the day by leaning in and letting me know he thought we should just nuke all Muslims . And this is a Hillary supporter. And he wonders why I didn’t pick up on his clumsy cues that he wants to HH. After the morning it couldn’t have been more improbable and since all he did besides spew genocidal threats was complain about his back I rather decided he would be poor company.
The weekend was dreadfully hot, and the stupid old git of a barber started things off by mutilating me. Not actually me, but my cowlick rather. He hadn’t the slightest idea what to do with it so he just hacked the poor thing off. This had been a thing of genuine admiration for barbers going well back into last century, although admittedly it has become more of a showpiece of late. It certainly won’t be for a while. I could just spit and heaven knows when the poor thing is going to grow back.
Los Angeles has an American Football team, and you probably didn’t notice, but they played Seattle yesterday and I was tempted to get tickets, and now I’m so glad I didn’t. It just looked oppressively warm. The players in Seattle looked like they hadn’t seen the sun for days. One of the fullbacks was in heatstroke for the better part of the third quarter and it isn’t surprising Los Angeles prevailed. Home field advantage indeed. You see absolutely everything in High Definition television anyway so even if American Football isn’t your thing (and whose is it really?) there is something for everybody.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home