But I Feel Human?

Quite an enchanting weekend with Compadre. Started off eating at Dahlia Lounge which I had never done before, and the more I mention it the more people want to talk about it. Someone even asked me if I knew that Tom Douglas had cookbooks. All I can remember is cherries on salmon, black cod, and chuckles as I ordered a Gin Dubonnet. The guy across from me asked me I could spell Dubonnet. I almost asked him if he could spell douche.
Walking around the market in the white heat, losing count of all the food we were buying. It was later assembled into a five course meal. I wrote it down somewhere so you'll just have to wonder. Pondered whether one thing were eating was actually amuse bouche. It wasn't.
Thrifting, shopping, courtyard. Thrifting, shopping, more courtyard. Went to an Italian restaurant which I think was called Machiavelli which was a wonderful treat. Was looking everywhere for a decent puttanesca that I don't have to make myself, and have found one. Tried to play pool. I'm hopeless. Tried to play cards. I'm less hopeless.
Brunch at 611, Farmers market, and oh my God more amazing food in the form of a clam bake! I am really having to adjust back to my life of Taco Del Mar and Jimmy John's. I think I had a Stouffers Mac and Cheese last night.
Compadre has returned to the southland. I'm eating like a peasant again. The stupid maid service refuses to call me back. Sigh.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home