What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Monday, June 12, 2006

You were told how it was going to end.


Well I am up on the 40th floor, and it looks like it may not be as bad as I thought. At least for the time being I have access to the internet, and am able to communicate with the outside world. How long this freedom will last remains to be seen. Scott, If you are reading this stop snooping1.

My weekend was a whirlwind of activity. Went to Palm Springs with the parents and stayed at a Hilton which independently gives the name a bad reputation. Paris has nothing on the accommodations of these trashy domiciles.

Shopping shopping and more shopping. Bought some cute shoes for my new gig on the 40th. Absolutely adorable Dior bracelet. Paper Denim and Cloth T-Shirt, Adriano Goldschmeid Shirt, two new flip flops, and for the love of Christ Khaikis for my new gig. A precious Harajuku Lovers top for my niece, and I won't even get into IKEA. I think I was nervous about my new job. I was just lashing out over the recession. Consumer confidence is merely a mental construct with very little impact on the space time continuum.

Went to Newport Beach and the place has just exploded since the TV show. Saw a pelican and momentarily thought about bringing him home for Milo. Fought with traffic and a bunch of drunk frat boys. Ate some wonderful food, and enjoyed all the tourists at the Farmers Market yesterday. Had a lovely visit to Uhaul, and I finally enjoyed a part of a Yankees game, and I got to see my Derek at bat. In case any of you are wondering about the picture above I feel it reasonably approximates my feelings about riding the bus with all the 8:00 am hoi poloi.
___________________________________________________________________

1. Scott is a coworker who now has my computer after it was moved to the 40th floor. I wiped the hard drive, but I left my history so he now has access to my blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home