Trip To Phoenix
Woke up at 4:15. The car was suppose to arrive at 5:00. it didn't. I called the service, and got someone out of bed. They told me the "car" was in Long Beach, and it would be 10 minutes. WTF? I grab the number for yellowcab just in case. The car arrives in 8 minutes, and is in fact a motherfucking Escalade.
Arrive at the airport, do e check in, my friend Jonny calls me while I am trying to decipher the buttons. Luckily Jonny is not a mumbler. He has a very clear and forceful voice, and I have no trouble hearing him over the din of bobos behind me. We have a nice chat.
Security at the airport is a breeze. They make me take off my running jacket. I am only wearing a Raf Simons tank top underneath. I feel cute, but exposed. They do not confiscate my lighter.
While waiting to board I watch the news on an impressive plasma television. the news says that the cost of the Iraq war is now up to $400 billion. That is, quite conservatively, $1,333.33 for every man, woman, and child in the United States. You can even throw in few million dogs and cats for good measure. It's simple division. I did it in my head while eating a bagel. You may need some paper, but that's cool.
While on the plane I read Why I Am Not A Christian by Bertrand Russel. I really enjoyed it. It seems logical to me, but I am sure it made quite a stir when first published. I especially liked the part about "the wailing and nashing of teeth". I think Mr. Russel is right. At it's core Christianity is cruel, vindictive and spiteful. I have to apologize to my Christian friends, but face it, deep down in your heart you know you are simple. Just like I know I am shallow. It's people's little quirks that make us so endearing.
There is a boy in front of me and to the left that is just 5 kinds of cute. he is wearing a Red Sox hat though. Boo!
The man next to me on the plane is watching, and I shit you not, 24. He seemed like such a sweet man, and there it is, clear and uncontroverted evidence that his brain has been completely removed. I half expect him to have a conversation with the tray table, and I'm sure he would have if he weren't so rapt by his quaint technology.
And Voila! I am here in Phoenix. Pronounced Pohonix. Mornington Crescent by Belle & Sebastian is the song I presently have in my head. Toodles.
Arrive at the airport, do e check in, my friend Jonny calls me while I am trying to decipher the buttons. Luckily Jonny is not a mumbler. He has a very clear and forceful voice, and I have no trouble hearing him over the din of bobos behind me. We have a nice chat.
Security at the airport is a breeze. They make me take off my running jacket. I am only wearing a Raf Simons tank top underneath. I feel cute, but exposed. They do not confiscate my lighter.
While waiting to board I watch the news on an impressive plasma television. the news says that the cost of the Iraq war is now up to $400 billion. That is, quite conservatively, $1,333.33 for every man, woman, and child in the United States. You can even throw in few million dogs and cats for good measure. It's simple division. I did it in my head while eating a bagel. You may need some paper, but that's cool.
While on the plane I read Why I Am Not A Christian by Bertrand Russel. I really enjoyed it. It seems logical to me, but I am sure it made quite a stir when first published. I especially liked the part about "the wailing and nashing of teeth". I think Mr. Russel is right. At it's core Christianity is cruel, vindictive and spiteful. I have to apologize to my Christian friends, but face it, deep down in your heart you know you are simple. Just like I know I am shallow. It's people's little quirks that make us so endearing.
There is a boy in front of me and to the left that is just 5 kinds of cute. he is wearing a Red Sox hat though. Boo!
The man next to me on the plane is watching, and I shit you not, 24. He seemed like such a sweet man, and there it is, clear and uncontroverted evidence that his brain has been completely removed. I half expect him to have a conversation with the tray table, and I'm sure he would have if he weren't so rapt by his quaint technology.
And Voila! I am here in Phoenix. Pronounced Pohonix. Mornington Crescent by Belle & Sebastian is the song I presently have in my head. Toodles.
1 Comments:
At 10:57 PM ,
phases said...
fucking escalades!!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home